Me and my friend Rickard decided that we’d play around with music. We had the following criteria:
- It should sound a bit like Skinny puppy
- When the day is over, there must be something uploaded to soundcloud
So, here’s the result. If you’re able to discern the lyrics, you’ll realize that it’s from a chapter in a book on discrete mathematics…
- Amsynth for a “dirty” industrial sound in the intro.
- Qtractor for sequencing and VST hosting.
- Hydrogen for drums with tal dub 3 and some reverb with tal reverb.
- Extra kick drum with tal noisemaker, tal filter 2 and tal dub 3.
- Quirky synth using tal noisemaker and tal filter 2.
- Zynaddsubfx for bass with some overdrive and flanger.
- Rakarrack with the JimiVibe2 setting for vocals.
- Lyrics was “6.4 A shortest-path algorithm” from the book “Discrete mathematics” by Richard Johnsonbaugh. Yes, math book. Seriously.
- Vocals uttered by Rickard on lots of coffee.
- All of this running on kxstudio, which you really really really should check out.